September is National Childhood Obesity Month
According to the CDC, about 1 in 5 (19%) children in the United States has obesity. National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month provides a chance to learn more about this serious health condition, share messages to promote healthy growth, and prevent obesity in children.
We invite you to share the following resources on social media during the month of September. Modeled after the #MoveYourWay campaign from the CDC, find sample graphics and messages below. Additional CDC resources are also available here.
The resources below include graphics, target audience, sample captions in English and Spanish, and links to be used each week throughout September.
Social Media Graphics and Messages
- Hey kids - #MoveYourWay for 60 minutes today and everyday! #PAGuidelines
- Children and teens need 60 minutes of physical activity every day. Learn how to get your move on before, during and after school: https://health.gov/themes/custom/healthgov/src/microsite_resources/myw_microsite/pdf/PAG_MYW_Kids_FS.pdf #MoveYourWay #PAGuidelines
(Spanish) Los niños y los adolescentes necesitan 60 minutos de actividad física todos los días. Aprenda a moverse antes, durante y después de la escuela: https://health.gov/themes/custom/healthgov/src/microsite_resources/myw_microsite/pdf/PAG_MYW_Kids_FS_es.pdf #MuéveteATuManera
Target Audience: Parents of youth ages 6 through 17
- When the whole family moves together, everyone gets the health benefits. Find physical activity resources for adults and kids from @HealthGov. #MoveYourWay
- When the whole family moves together, everyone gets the health benefits. Find an activity planner and more resources for adults and kids from health.gov: https://health.gov/MoveYourWay/Activity-Planner/At-Home/ #MoveYourWay
(Spanish) Cuando toda la familia se muda junta, todos obtienen los beneficios para la salud. Encuentre un planificador de actividades y más recursos para adultos y niños en health.gov: https://health.gov/espanol/MoveYourWay/Activity-Planner/At-Home/ #MuéveteATuManera
Target Audience: Parents of youth ages 6 through 17; Youth ages 6 through 17 and Information for families with Special Health Care Needs
- ALL children & youth of ALL abilities need time to move and exercise. Check out these activity ideas for children with limited mobility and #MoveYourWay. www.goodplayguide.com/2018/08/16/active-play-for-a-child-with-limited-mobility/
- ALL children and youth need time to move and exercise. Check out these activity ideas for children with limited mobility: https://www.goodplayguide.com/2018/08/16/active-play-for-a-child-with-limited-mobility/ #MoveYourWay
- ALL children and youth need time to move and exercise. Check out this exercise video to get started living healthier today! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNvgYEg1um0&feature=youtu.be&list=PLwMObYmlSHaPe7TYjFd-XXylGWhLvETLX
Target Audience: Parents of youth ages 6 through 17; Youth ages 6 through 17
- Tell us how you and your family moved this month by sharing in the comments with words or a photo #MoveYourWay!!
- It's show and tell time! How did you and your family #MoveYourWay this month? Share a photo or story in the comments.